1) In order to confirm that you have fulfilled the Spanish language requirement, you must take the placement exam in person upon returning to Columbia from a study abroad program. Please make an appointment to take the test with Kosmas Pissakos (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Department.
2) Credits will be generally awarded by the College only for courses that have contact hours and workload scales equivalent to Columbia University courses (semester and summer sessions). You must provide the Language Program Co-Directors (Angelina Craig-Florez: email@example.com and Lee B Abraham: firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following materials:
- a course syllabus
- a list of assigned readings and texts used
- corrected and graded tests, papers, and any other materials used to evaluate the student’s work
3) If you wish to continue taking courses in our Department, you should register for the course above the level for which you received credit. For example, if you received credit for Spanish 2102, you should register for Spanish 3300.
4) For transfer of credits for Spanish 3300-level courses contact Francisco Rosales-Varo: email@example.com, Director of Advanced Language through Content.
5) For transfer of credits for courses beyond the 3300 level please refer to this page and contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS).
Last Updated 2 years ago